Saturday, July 16, 2005

Introduction

Welcome to my blog of poetry. I've been writing since I was about 13 but I can say that nothing compares to those days of angst. I started out writing terrible rhymes and silly poems which turned in to a little more once I got to High School and hit an overwhelming hormonal puberty. I fell in love with Edgar Allan Poe and found favorites on the then poetry.com and was inspired to write about every little thing, every little feeling that was going on within me.

I've accumulated enough for volumes over time, not everything I'm proud of and to be honest not everything I remember writing in the first place. I remember a time when a piece of paper and pen were my best friend, and if I didn't have the former my arm. I miss those days of free flow and chaos.

While my thoughts seem to now dribble and my time with pen and paper are few I still have a passion for writing. It's the only thing I feel comfortable doing, inspired to do and can't live without.

I've been working on a book for the last 8 years and finally have one complete in a long line of series that still need organizing and editing. I hope to have them one day published even at the cost of my own penniless pocket.

I write what I see, what I feel, what I know. These are my Reflections

While you won't get the whole picture until they go to publishing I hope that you enjoy, that you can relate and that you take something from them. Feel free to leave feedback and honest opinions.

Amanda M.D.

No comments: