Wednesday, May 04, 2011

First Attempt, for my grandmother

I wish you here to forever stay
But if not, I wish you were here for just one more day
I know that it's impossible and that I had my chance
I feel like an idiot knowing I knew in advance
I can't take it back, there's nothing I can do
My only hope is that you knew how much I loved you

I'm still trying to learn to live without you, to love without you
I'm still trying to hold on, to move on

Here without you things are falling apart
It seems like in this universe you were the heart
You kept the blood pumping, you kept up the flow
Without you things are dying, there's no where else to go

Your life is weighing heavy on my mind
Wondering if you were happy in your short lived life's time
Your making me think harder about my life than I ever have before
I just want to find some peace in this long eternal war

I'm lacking closure at the end of this thing
There were no services, no good byes, Your death was empty and it stings
I'm disappointed it ended this way
There's no where you went, there's no where you stayed
No place to visit, no place to pray

My heart is dead like winter and everything is cold
You were my heart, you were my soul

No comments: